What is a Safety Statement?
All organisations are required to complete a regular safety statement. This statement must be implemented at all levels in the organisation, integrated into all activities and communicated to every member of the workplace.
Under Section 20 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, all organisations must compile a safety statement which;
- Specifies the manner in which the safety, health and welfare at work shall be secured and managed.
- Is based on a systematic risk assessment
- Details the protective and preventive measures taken and the resources provided for protecting safety
- Specifies the duties of all employees regarding safety, including employees with specific safety responsibilities
Contents of this Consultancy
Our qualified consultant can evaluate an organisations original safety statement or complete a new one. This statement will include:
- Necessary measures to control any possible risks
- Identification of hazards in the workplace
- Advice on all relevant health and safety policies and procedures
- Review and update of any current safety statement in use