Mobile Elevating Workplace Platform Training / Cherry Picker
This course is designed to give the best possible training to personnel who work at heights or use a MEWP (Mobile Elevated Work Platform) in their workplace. It teaches the basic skills needed to operate these machines safely allowing for minimum mistakes and provides techniques that help in avoiding potential hazards.
- Legislation and the use of MEWP
- Basic types and specification of MEWP
- Hazards associated with using MEWP
- Accident analysis
- Daily pre-use checks and maintenance requirements
- Safety precautions while using MEWP
- Positioning of the MEWP
- Re - fuelling and battery charging procedures
- Raising and lowering the MEWP safely and correctly
- Emergency procedures
- Evaluating ground conditions
- Operate an MEWP safely
- Correct use of a MEWP in accordance with the manufacturers handbook
- Clearly understand the causes of instability while operating an MEWP
- Easily carry out correctly, a pre-use inspection of the MEWP
- Work safely at height
- Understand fully the procedures for an emergency
Upon successful completion of this course participants will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to:
This Course is Designed For:
All personnel that may at some stage be working at heights or using a MEWP
This course is classroom based, it is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
What to Bring to the Course:
While pens and paper will be supplied, participants are free to bring their own.
Duration of the Course:
A maximum of 4 per course.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
Cherry Picker public courses TBC.
Download Course Outline