VDU Assessors Course
This course is essential for all personnel responsible for VDU assessments in their workplace. In order to complete these assessments they must have reached a certain level of competence. This course will equip them with the relevant knowledge and skills needed to complete these assessments.
- Ergonomics and anthropometrics
- An introduction to the relationships between the individual, the task, the environment and the work equipment
- Legal requirements
- Discussion on Irish and European legislation pertaining to VDU
- Perceived and real hazards of VDU work
- Controversial topics ranging from alleged reproductive hazards to radioactive emissions, which have been associated with VDU, will be addressed. Recent studies and their results will also be examined
- Principles and aims of assessment
- Assessment techniques
- Understanding the requirements of the General Application Regulations 2007
- Understanding the factors that constitute an assessment
- Understanding ergonomic factors and VDU workstation layout
- Appreciating the postural implications of VDU workstations
- The knowledge to carry out VDU workstation assessments and advise operators
This Course is Designed For:
All managers, supervisors or office personnel responsible for VDU operations and workstations.
Classroom based and where possible practical demonstration to reinforce learning.
What to bring along to the Course:
There are no requirements for this course.
Duration of the Course:
A maximum of 16 per course.
On completion of this course, participants receive a certification of training completion.
VDU Assessors public courses run in Dublin, Cork and Galway. View Dates
Download Course Outline