Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) Training Course
This course is essential for all personnel who may be required to undertake a practical inspection or testing of electrical equipment in the workplace.
- Legislation governing and codes of practice covering portable appliance testing
- Health and safety
- Portable appliance testing theory
- Visual inspection of portable appliances
- Determining class I and class II portable electrical appliances
- Testing class I appliances, testing class II appliances, testing an IEC lead and testing an extension lead
- Understanding fuse rating
- PASS / FAIL in relation to portable appliances
- Record keeping including portable appliance maintenance
- Plug wiring and general information about how electricity works
- Identification and labelling of portable appliances
- Test portable equipment
- Certify that portable electric appliances (including any cables and plugs) are, on the day of testing, safe and without risk to any persons coming into direct or indirect contact with the portable appliance
- Report any faults with portable appliances that has failed the test and prevent them from being put into use
On successful completion of this course, participants will have the knowledge and skills necessary to:
This Course is Designed For:
Any personnel required to undertake a practical inspection and testing of electrical equipment.
This course is classroom based and it is highly interactive with role-playing playing and practical exercises to reinforce the participants understanding and learning.
What to Bring to the Course:
While pens and paper will be supplied, participants are free to bring their own. Participants should wear comfortable clothing for practical activities.
Duration of the Course:
A maximum of 8 people per course.
Safety certificates in “Portable Appliance Testing” are awarded to participants on successful completion of course.
Download Course Outline