Health and Safety at Work FETAC Level 5
This course covers all the aspects of occupational safety and health. It is designed to provide learners with the skills and knowledge to promote and maintain safety and health in their working environments. Learners will be able to apply the principles and procedures of health and safety, through an understanding of hazard identification and risk assessment process.
This course will provide the learner with the modern approaches on how to include health and safety into management systems as well as how to manage and control common hazards and risk management. Learners will become very familiar with the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and associated regulations.
- Health and safety legislation in Ireland
- Safety management
- Safety statement
- Safety consultation
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and control measures
- Accidents in the workplace and reporting
- Occupational hygiene
- Fire safety and emergency planning
- First aid
- Work equipment and machinery
- Movement of people and vehicles
- Working at height
- Health hazards associated with construction
- Manual and materials handling
- Personal protective equipment
- Safety signage
- Occupational health
- Psychological health hazards
- Health promotion
- Course review
- Project brief
- Exam preparation
Upon successful completion of this course participants will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to:
- Identify and have an understanding of the role the legal system plays in health and safety
- Be able to identify the main requirements of the legislation and apply it to the workplace.
- Be familiar with core legislation in the area of safety, health and welfare
- Understand the concept of safety and health
- Recognise the factors that influence health, safety and welfare
- Apply principles and procedures of health and safety to the workplace
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and regular review of an organizations safety statement and safety management system.
- Understand the importance of hazard identification, corresponding controls and risk assessment, likely to be present in the workplace
- Promote safe working practices and procedures in their place of work.
- Communicate effectively on health and safety issues, both verbally and in writing.
This Course is Designed For:
This course is classroom based; it is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
What to Bring to the Course:
While pens and paper will be supplied, participants are free to bring their own. Participants should wear comfortable clothing for practical activities.
Duration of the Course:
A maximum of 10 per course
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive a FETAC level 5 certificate in health and safety at work.
Health and Safety at Work FETAC Level 5 public courses TBC.
Download Course Outline