Handling Food Hygienically FETAC Level 4
This course is designed to give all participants a greater knowledge of their responsibilities as required by the Food Safety Authority. Participants of this course will gain the skills and knowledge mandatory for all personnel working in the food sector.
- Hygiene and safety
- Food contamination
- Cleaning and pest control
- Legal standards for food handlers
- Design and layout of food premises
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will have gained the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Understand the nature of food poisoning and food borne illness
- Identify the main causes of food contamination and recognise their controls
- Recognise the pre requisites for food safety and good food hygiene practices
- Explain the purpose of food safety management systems and the importance of correct delivery, storage, preparation, handling, cooking and service of food
- Understand the legal responsibilities of the food worker including personal hygiene
- Have an awareness of the role of the Food Safety Authority and the Environmental Health Service or other relevant food safety enforcement agencies
This Course is Designed For:
All food Handlers, catering staff in hotels, hospitals, nursing homes and retail sectors
This course is classroom based; it is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
What to Bring to the Course:
While pens and paper will be supplied, participants are free to bring their own. Participants should wear comfortable clothing for practical activities.
Duration of the Course:
A maximum of 12 per course.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive a FETAC Level 4 certificate in handling food hygienically.
Download Course Outline