Food Safety/HACCP for Management
This course is essential for management in the food industry as it is based on the skills required to meet FSAI level 3 guide to food safety training.
- Food safety system / management responsibilities
- BRC requirements (where appropriate)
- Food hygiene and labelling legislation
- Staff Training – training plans / levels, internal, external options
- Basic bacteriology and high risk foods
- Allergens risk assessment
- HACCP – introduction, risks, background, pre-requisites
- HACCP – plans / flow chart and CCP’s
- Product recall and traceability
- Collection, review and maintenance of records
- HACCP verification - internal and external audits
- Complaint management
- HACCP review – how do you know your system is effective
- Understand the seven principles and common terms involved in HACCP
- Understand the legal requirements of the hygiene packages
- Be familiar with the Irish and international standards specific to their sector
- Be familiar with hazard analysis and risk assessment techniques
- Participate in a HACCP team, co-ordinate the work of a HACCP team
- Understand the elements and importance of an effective prerequisite program
- Undertake a HACCP study and develop a HACCP plan
- Implement a HACCP plan and verify its effectiveness
- Evaluate the HACCP plans of other food businesses
This Course is Designed For:
General management who wish to acquire a broad knowledge of food safety issues.
This course is classroom based; it is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
What to Bring to the Course:
There are no requirements for this course.
Duration of the Course:
A maximum of 12 per course.
On completion of this course, participants will receive certification of attendance from Samson Training.
Food Safety/HACCP for Management courses run in-house and public dates TBC.
Download Course Outline